Welcome to %s forums

BrainModular Users Forum

Login Register

Pricing and licensing

I have problem to register or I can't contact Sensomusic.
oshaginko

Pricing and licensing

Post by oshaginko » 08 Dec 2019, 12:29

I would like to ask some questions about licensing please.

Firstly here is my understanding of the license:
The non-pro license: it is for one year of use with free updates (not upgrades), after which it will keep working forever but will not be updated. So presumably a change of operating system may stop the programme from working, at which point it will be necessary to buy a new license.

The pro license is for 3 years, but essentially the same thing but you get any upgrades as well as updates.

The non-pro license is for people who do not make money from using the software.

So my questions are:
1. Is there a reduced price for an upgrade if you own a current (within one year) version of a non-pro license?
2. Is there a reduced price for an upgrade if you own an expired license ie after the one/three year period or do you have to buy a brand new full license?

This license model is, I think, the same as what Bitwig have used?

Finally, can I resell my license if it is either current or not?

Thanks!

x.iso

Post by x.iso » 08 Dec 2019, 13:24

There's no separation for updates and upgrades, so even if you buy standard 1 year license now, you will get HH4 and any latest version available for year to come. And yes, it's similar to Bitwig, it's not a subscription, just that you get updates until certain date, not until certain version. I don't think there was a case where OS update stopped any Usine version from working (not sure about MacOS though, they break compatibilities easily). One thing to note, that some features can be added as updates, it's not just bugfixes (you can look at changelog to get the idea). As for other quesions, I suppose Nay or Senso can answer better.
join Hollyhock Usine Discord server: https://discord.gg/EdJarnE

oshaginko

Post by oshaginko » 08 Dec 2019, 14:06

Cool thanks for that.

The only difference with Bitwig though as far as I can see is there is no upgrade price for current users? With Bitwig, at any time in the future I can buy a one year upgrade at a discounted price..my current license is always good for an upgrade. Is that the case with HH?

The reason I ask is that my current HH3 says "You current license has expired, please upgrade". But this could be a mistake, I am not sure?

Also another question: if I buy a license now and start using the HH4 beta- does the 12 month period begin from when there is an official release of HH4 or from when I start using the beta?

x.iso

Post by x.iso » 08 Dec 2019, 15:21

as far as I know there's no system to buy upgrade or license for later activation, but I don't know if you can 'stack' license (buy on top of existing to sum the time). also there are discounts available from time to time.
join Hollyhock Usine Discord server: https://discord.gg/EdJarnE

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 09 Dec 2019, 09:59

X-iso resume most of your questions, but yes, we think about a HH4 promo for current users.

oshaginko

Post by oshaginko » 09 Dec 2019, 12:19

Thank you both.

(BTW when I registered for the forum I got "permanently banned" when I tried to log in the first time! Including banning my PayPal IP address! I had to use a different email but the second time it was fine)

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 11 Dec 2019, 08:56

Yes, this forum is not the best option, but was the only way to import the old database and preserve the users list. Now if someone know a best option , maybe we'll migrate.

sm_jamieson

Post by sm_jamieson » 21 Dec 2019, 21:35

nay-seven wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 09:59
X-iso resume most of your questions, but yes, we think about a HH4 promo for current users.
Any news about this ?
Also will it apply if a small break in license, mine runs out today!

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 23 Dec 2019, 09:40

Currently no promo for holidays season, maybe in January

fractalist

Post by fractalist » 14 Jan 2020, 23:17

So if someone bought HH3 very recently he can have HH4, correct ? (asking for someone else who bought HH3 after having use HH1 for years, just before the upgrade, without knowing about its arrival)

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 15 Jan 2020, 09:05

@fractalist :
if today his licence is valid, this mean he buy HH3 in January of 2019 or after, yes i can send him a HH4 key, send me username / email address at contact@brainmodular.com

fractalist

Post by fractalist » 18 Jan 2020, 23:14

Yeah, I think he got it in like october.. thanx a lot for the info !