Welcome to %s forums

BrainModular Users Forum

Login Register

FCB BOY, and stuff.

How do you use usine?
Blaakk

Post by Blaakk » 10 May 2014, 01:19

Just uploaded a little utility which helps me use my FCB 1010 a little more intuitively. Under 'MIDI Tools' on the Addons Page page. Ẁill update wiki shortly.

I've had my head stuck into Usine for about a month now, trying to forge a kind of uber-station to leverage everything musical I own (just about). Seems to be working! :D It's been a great month of learning! Has taught me lots regarding event flows, coding (had the SDK cracked open. But not much fruit yet). Solutions have been *right there* for every problem I've encountered so far.

I've ordered some PSEye cameras to try and get some motion capture things and more going on. Has anyone delved into this camera and HH at all? Ashamedly cheap for their quality. I tried to connect the one I have to Usine briefly but no good.

Cheers,

Bill(aakk).

PS. HH is graphically a total pleasure to sit infront of for extended periods or otherwise. Always looks juicy and fruity and warm. :D

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 10 May 2014, 08:35

Thanks a lot to share you work ( nice design btw) and your enthusiasm for Usine
i don't have a FCB anymore myself, but I'm sure it can help many users here

ps: generally add-ons are announced in the ..add-on discussion forum but not a big problem :)

Blaakk

Post by Blaakk » 12 May 2014, 15:05

Thank you. Tis a pleasure. Should have a few more things to upload soon. And yep, I'll sort it, and change the name of this thread. I intended to.... was going to add some descriptive stuff with it, but I somehow missed the 'uploader' link below. Was searching how to add images and then I got distracted. :)

ceasless

Post by ceasless » 12 May 2014, 16:31

Heya blaakk,

I recognize your name from Bluewater VST (though I've never introduced myself over there, will have to do that soon). Let's work on convincing Brent that he should be doing all his videos in Usine instead of Ableton... ;)

It's awesome to see some cross-pollination happening. Let me know if you run into any problems/questions/etc, but it sounds like you've been having good luck so far on your own.

I also want to echo your thoughts on Hollyhock's interface. While I would love to try out some different color combinations for the modules and interface in general, the default ones are really tasty already. Beyond that, I've never seen a patch based interface that even comes close.

Blaakk

Post by Blaakk » 13 May 2014, 16:26

Hi ceasless.

Actually, that's the only post (plus a follow up) I've made there. I had intentions to 'go deeper' into Reaktor, but I stumbled across hesspet's post two threads down (after seeking Mobius/Live setup information) and suddenly I realised I'd found a new 'best friend'. :)

Hehe, so now my plans have totally changed and my beloved Reaper has taken a back seat (in no way did I think I'd be demoting Reaper from being my setup's core), and Reaktor's wealth of awesomeness is now outweighed by Usine's Godliness..

Cheers ceasless. Ha, I have a few questions! :) I'll shortly post a few patching examples. I'm probably taking the scenic route in some cases and would love correcting.

I am also interested in how others use Usine, particularly with respect to the Grid, which is a bit of an alien concept for me (but maybe me thinking of it in terms of an extremely flexible, setup variation storing & triggering looper monster' could help me).