Welcome to %s forums

BrainModular Users Forum

Login Register

Surround Pack official thread

Let's talk about free additional packs
multiphone

Post by multiphone » 09 Mar 2010, 11:21

Hello,

like the other member of the comunity says...

If you need help or if du you have a new ideas about surround utility all your post are welcome.

Best
HB

Lines / Points / Squares

http://www.hervebirolini.com/

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 16 Sep 2010, 14:26

hello hervé
very surprised I'm the first here, this pack is really awesome and interesting to study..
congrats and thanks

now my question : i want to use some of your sub-patches ( Free Attraction 8+random8, 10 and his pass if change , extract from SPAT Schuffler AREA 4) to use them to send movement to parameters , ok works fine

but , i want to slow down all this and to move longer..
about time , ok , i've found the H time , so no problem
but the speed ..?

I've try to follow your script..mm no way ,
i understand when you talk about force who have influence on speed , but don't know how to proceed to change that

can I've a little help on this..?

multiphone

Post by multiphone » 16 Sep 2010, 23:18

Hello Nay,

First, this is not "my script" but the utilization of "Senso script" Me too I'm little lost in this procedure of friction and attraction.

So, I don't play the guy just outing of Science academy because I'm not enter in the Science academy ;-)

But,

A direct response is to replace this scrip by another "Senso script" the Pool Ball. This one is very close from the friction and attraction script and have a Speed parameter.

I think i understand the question behind. You want to reduce the speed during the sample play ? Another response is to increase the friction, but in this case the race of the object is reduced.

However, if you use the friction briefly, to give a sort of stop-speed will be reduced. Given that the parameters are related to each other by physical laws I have no other solutions to give you the time without rethinking the script. I't a way of play with them.

Let me think about that...
HB

Lines / Points / Squares

http://www.hervebirolini.com/

nay-seven
Site Admin

Post by nay-seven » 17 Sep 2010, 00:00

great , you're right I'm gone to explore this script , now need to find how to adapt it

I'm not looking to slow some samples but some parameters of an auto generative granular synth I'm working on, so i need a kind of natural auto morphing , so friction is cool but this stop the movement too quickly for me...

thanks, and don't worry they're some cool trees and fresh air in the science academy garden...

senso
Site Admin

Post by senso » 18 Sep 2010, 09:36

Hello,
I introduce myself in the discussion.

the actual pack is great and I use it a lot.
From my point of view, some simple objects are missing:
- a random surround panner
- a trajectory panner, which mixes the DrawTrajectory user module and a simple panner
- the possibility to record mouse movements and play them in loop
- some basic audio processing, like N x limiter, N x compressor, N x Delay, etc...

As you can see, only simple things...